BRAV - Product Designer Ulvang
Do you want to take Ulvang, a leading Scandinavian Outdoor Wool brand, to the next level?
We seek you who are passionate about textiles and outdoor fashion trends. Experience with sustainable fibers i.e. wool is a plus.
As a Product Designer you have the responsibility for product design including conceptualization, function, fabrics, materials trims and colors according to BRAV’s Global Timeline, always with a sustainable approach. You design fully functional commercial products and create drawings, detailed tech packs for designs.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
The main duties and responsibilities subject to the position are set out, but not limited, to:
Responsible for product development from concept to product samples.
- Execute developments from concept to production ready garments.
- Responsible for product design including conceptualization, function, fabrics, materials trims and colors, always with a sustainable approach.
- Follow up prototype creation and development until delivery of SMS, according to the product development process within BRAV’s Global timeline.
- Develop and maintain Product specification and other product technical information updated in relevant PLM systems.
- Ensure optimal quality according to BOM in cooperation with BRAV’s QC department.
- Specifying sourcing of raw materials/fabrics, trims and construction requirements and hand over to sourcing manager.
- Responsible for measurement specifications.
Presentation internally and externally.
- Professionally present product range, concepts and products to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Close cooperation with the marketing and e-com department to gain sales.
Monitoring market and competitor brands.
- Keeping up to date with relevant competitors and market trends.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor's degree in Fashion or Product Design or similar field.
- Relevant experience from similar positions. Preferably from the outdoor industry.
- Min 3+ years of textile/garment industry experience.
- Very good native and English language skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and complete them successfully according to BRAV’s Global Timeline.
- Extensive proficiency in relevant PLM system, computer-aided design (CAD) packages, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Creative with commercial and conceptual thinking.
- Collaborate with the team to set vision for all product categories across the brand.
- A proven sustainable mindset.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional attitude and teamplayer.
- Structured and methodical, knowing that the “devil is in the details”.
- Strong work ethics - willingness to get your hands dirty and get things done.
- High stress tolerance and ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- You are brave and dear to stand out from the crowd and do something different.
- You have a genuine interest for nature and an active lifestyle.
Please submit your application, including cover letter and CV to Lars Thronsen - [email protected]
Brav is a major player in the sports and outdoor industry and manages some of the most influential brands in the marketplace, including Swix, Toko, Lundhags, Ulvang, Helsport and Hard Rocx. We also own and operate the digital platform skisporet.no.
The mission of Brav is to improve our customers’ quality of life. Acting responsibly, we do this by connecting and developing the best talents in the sport and outdoor industry – and support them to develop and produce the most innovative products and services. Our company and community are built upon three values; teamwork, passion and courage, with a strong vision to turn dreams into memories – for our customers and for our employees.
Brav has offices and own companies in Norway, Sweden, Finland, Lithuania, Germany, Switzerland, Russia, Japan, and the United States. Our products are sold in more than 30 countries worldwide.